St. Lucy Catholic Church is searching for an Administrative Assistant / Secretary to the Pastor.
Duties would include, but not limited to:
- Confidential Assistant to Pastor
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Handles schedule, and all correspondence of the Pastor.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job qualifications are as follows:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent / College Degree preferred
- Two years of clerical experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- A team player with other members of the staff
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Successful candidates must pass a background check by the Diocese of Palm Beach before any offer of a job is given.
This is only a sample of job description. Further information can be found by emailing the Pastor of the Parish, Rev. D. Brian Horgan PhD, @ email@example.com. Resumes should also be included in that email please also include references and salary requirements.